Paper making kit
What you need
- Paper making kit
Step by Step
- Find a tub that is big enough to fit the frame with screen and fill half of it with water.
- Soak 1 sheet of dried pulp in the tub of water. (*keep the other sheet for the ‘Art paper’ activity)
- Once the dried pulp softens, tear it into squares about 1 inch wide. Leave to soak for another 5 to 10 minutes until the squares are thoroughly soaked.
- Whisk for 2 to 5 minutes until water is cloudy and there are no visible clumps of paper in the tub. Use the ladle to stir well.
- Hold the frame with both hands and dip it into the tub. Gently shake left and right to even out the pulp then quickly bring the frame out of the water.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles around the pulp.
- Use the ladle to scoop some pulp water out of the tub and pour over the screen. This is to prevent the sprinkles from falling off the paper when the paper dries up.
- Leave vertically for up to 15 hours to dry. Gently peel off when dried.
Instructional Video for art paper making
Enjoyed this activity? Learn more about Ancient Inventions from the Ancient Inventions Box. Get it here.