Add a personal touch to your Christmas tree with these low prep, easy-to-make salt dough ornaments!
What you need
|2 cups of all-purpose flour||cookie cutters|
|1/2 cup of salt||mixing bowl|
|3/4 cup lukewarm water||straw|
|oven (You can also air dry for the no-bake option)|
Ribbon for hanging
acrylic paint and other decoration materials
Step by Step
1. Pre-heat the oven 250 degrees F.
2. Mix the flour and salt together in a mixing bowl. Add water slowly and knead the dough with your hands until it feels smooth and consistent. (Optional: You can add a few drops of colour dye to change the colour of the salt dough.)
*If it feels sticky, add more flour. If it is too dry, add more water gradually.
3. Flatten or roll the dough into a layer about 1/4 inch thick. Make it thinner if you intend to air dry instead of using an oven.
4. Cut out shapes in the salt dough using cookie cutters.
5. Using the straw, poke through and make a small hole on top of each ornament. You can also draw designs using a stick.
6. Bake the ornaments in the oven at 250 degrees F for 1.5 hours to 2 hours until the dough is completely dried. You can also air dry for 4 to 7 days if you do not have an oven.
7. Now it's time to decorate your ornaments!