One of the community helpers featured in our Community Helpers box is the baker. Let's continue to learn about what a baker does by baking muffins with this simple to follow recipe. Have you gotten your aprons ready?
Ingredients (Serving: 6 to 9 muffins depending on size of muffin tray)
1 cup of all purpose flour (healthier choice: whole wheat floor)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
2 ripe bananas, mashed
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 egg, beaten
2 tablespoons of whole milk
1/2 cup of raisins
Remember to wash your hands before you start baking!
Step by step
1) Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius
2) Grease muffin tray with some butter.
3) Pour the baking soda, flour, baking powder into a bowl. Stir well.to mix evenly.
4) Add the butter and mashed banana into a separate bowl and whisk until smooth.
5) Add the flour mixture into the butter and banana mixture by folding in.
6) Add the milk and raisins.
7) Scoop batter mixture into muffin pan.
8) Bake in the over for about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Remove from muffin pan right away and allow to cool. Now, let's tuck in!