What's better than watching a colourful, rainbow volcano fizzle? If it's glow-in-the-dark! 🌋 Get hands-on and follow this simple tutorial for a great, night time activity!
What you need
1. Baking Soda
3. Glow-in-the-Dark or Fluorescent Paint
4. Cups or Bowls
5. Black Light (Provided in the 'In the Still of the Night' Squizzel Box)
Step by Step
1. Add 1 cup of Baking Soda to your cup or bowl. Use a separate cup or bowl for each colour of glow-in-the-dark volcano you wish to create.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of glow-in-the-dark or fluorescent paint in each cup or bowl.
3. Before you commence with the next step, remember to switch off the lights in your room and draw the curtains! The glow-in-the-dark volcano has the best effect when its dark!
4. Pour Vinegar in each cup or bowl and watch the glowing magic happen!
- If you are using glow-in-the-dark paint, remember to charge it by a light source before you start the activity!
- If you are using fluorescent paint, you will need a blacklight to see the magic happen!
Explore more glow-in-the-dark activities, science experiments, and DIY crafts with Squizzel Box. Learn more about the In The Still Of The Night thematic box here!