Learn the inspirational story of the Rainbow Fish that finds friendship and happiness when he learns to share! Get hands-on with a free Rainbow Fish printable template and create beautiful scales for him.
What you need
Rainbow Fish Book by Marcus Pfister or E-Story
Toilet Paper Rolls
Glitter or Sequins (Optional)
Step by Step
1) Read the 'Rainbow Fish' by Marcus Pfister. If you do not have the book, watch the E-story.
2) Ask your child open-ended questions and encourage them to share their opinion in their own words.
3) Print the Rainbow Fish template.
4) Cut the toilet paper rolls vertically into half.
5) Pour paint into the plate.
6) Start painting by dipping the toilet paper roll into the paint, onto the Rainbow Fish to create colourful scales!
7) If you have glitter or sequins, glue them onto the Rainbow Fish to give its scales some extra shimmer!
Asking your child open-ended questions during story-time helps to reinforce their understanding of the story. It also encourages them to share their opinions, feelings, thoughts and ideas.
1) How do you think Rainbow Fish's friends are feeling?
2) What would you do if you were Rainbow Fish?
3) Why do you think it is important to share?
4) What does it mean to be a good friend?