Step by Step
- Pour one pack of aqueous solution into one plastic cup (Cup A).
- Pour the remaining packets of aqueous solution in the 2 plastic cups.
- Position each end of the salt rainbow strip in each plastic cup.
- Use your dropper to take some solution from Cup A and drip the solution onto the rainbow to hasten the salt growing process.
- Crystals will start appearing on both ends of the rainbow strip in 2 to 3 hours.
- More will appear around the strips 6 to 12 hours later.
- It will blossom fully in 24 hours.
The growth of the salt rainbow will be affected by environmental conditions. Dry and warm conditions with air ventilation is optimal for its growth.
Like this activity? Get the Whacky Scientist Box here!